Here at Rogers Family Dental in Greeneville, TN, our dentists strive to always give patients a great value in the treatment they receive.
Just like you, we see lots of advertisements for “affordable” dentures. What does “affordable” mean? Are these places doing the same thing that our dentists do at a lower price? The quick answer is a big NO! We’d like to tell you just a few of the differences between customized dentures and discount dentures.
1) Quality dentures take TIME. Our dentists need multiple visits to create a totally customized, well-fitting dental prosthesis. No dentist is EVER taught in school that a denture can be done in a day. If a discount denture center tells a patient they can get their dentures “same-day”, we can almost guarantee you the result will be poor. The reason for this is a lack of customization. Quality dentures must be tried in and things like the bite, fit, and looks of the teeth checked (and approved by the patient) before they are finalized. Cutting corners on these visits will always make the final result worse. It may take longer to get the dentures customized, but this time results in less adjustments, a better looking denture, and a happier patient!
2) Quality dentures aren’t cheap to make. We use the very best materials from start to finish. We use expert dental lab technicians to help us make quality dentures. The best materials and a great technician is what makes the difference between a denture that looks natural versus one that looks fake. When dentures are made by a quality lab the difference is also significant in how dentures fit and how long they last. Our technicians never rush your denture, and we choose to spend more on the quality denture teeth we use in our dentures to make sure that patients look their best and that their dentures last longer. We have seen far too many “affordable” dentures broken after just a few months’ use that we simply cannot accept using cheap materials. As the saying goes: with some things, you get what you pay for.
3) Quality dentures are backed up by quality service. When our Greeneville dentists make your dentures, we stand behind them. If there is any problem with the dentures including a need for adjustments or training for speech or eating, we spend that time with every patient. We do not charge extra for adjustments for up to one year after our dentures are delivered. Most discount denture centers charge for each and every adjustment, which quickly brings the price up. Many patients are forced to choose not to have adjustments to their discount dentures because of the price, and they must put up with horrible pain or just leave their dentures in a drawer and go without teeth. We feel this is a “bait and switch” tactic used by many of these discount denture centers that many patients are not aware of.
4) Any lower denture treatment discussion should include the option of at least two lower dental implants. Way back in 2002, a group of denture experts published a “consensus statement” on lower dentures (McGill Consensus). The agreement among all of these experts was that a lower denture with two dental implants is the “minimum standard of care” for treatment of the lower jaw. Not everyone will choose implants, but everyone deserves to have the option presented to them and they need to understand that without implants, lower dentures can be very difficult to wear. Implants to help support a lower denture are often the only way to make patients comfortable. We have found them to be life-changing! Many discount denture centers do not tell their patients about implants, or if they do offer implants, they offer “mini” implants which are NOT a good alternative to the real thing.
5) Denture treatment is not the end of the road. Dentures need regular maintenance such as relines from time to time. Here at Rogers Family Dental, when you invest in a set of customized dentures, we will be your continuing resource for any maintenance related to your dentures. We don’t see you as just a number, but instead as part of our family. We will respond to your individual needs and treat you with respect and dignity throughout your time as our patient.
If you are in the Greeneville or East Tennessee region and are looking into dentures or just looking for a dentist, call and make an appointment with us today!