Do you or someone you know have a mouth full of failing teeth? What about a denture or partial that is constantly moving, painful, or embarrassing to wear? What if we here at Rogers Family Dental in Greeneville, TN could offer you a solution that would allow for you to get a brand new set of teeth, fully fixed in place all in one day? This may sound like it would be impossible, but we can assure you, it is now quite commonplace in our practice!
In days past, often the only available option was to replace failing teeth with complete dentures. While dentures do serve some patients well, they have a number of significant potential problems, including looseness, sore spots, and coverage of the palate which can induce a gag reflex and reduce taste sensation. Research has shown that the chewing force of dentures is only 18% of that with natural teeth, so it is no wonder denture wearers often struggle with eating healthy foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, which can affect overall health. There is also the significant psychological problem of having to take your teeth out at the end of the day and the embarrassment or fear of having your teeth come out at an inopportune time.
Fortunately, with the progression in dental technology, using dental implants, we can now replace your teeth in one day! This procedure is commonly called “All on Four” as it means all teeth can be replaced sometimes using as few as four implants. Our doctors have taken extensive training on this procedure including traveling across the country and the world to stay up to speed with the latest advances and have now been providing this service with great results for several years.
We can say with pride that Rogers Family Dental has the ONLY dentists in the area that have experience with this procedure.
Here is a basic overview of how the process can work for you:
- One of our Greeneville dentists, Dr. Jon Rogers or Dr. Michael Rogers will first perform a complete examination, x-rays, and treatment plan to ensure that this treatment option is the best for you. There may be other options to save or replace your teeth that need to be discussed.
- If it is determined that implants and “teeth in a day” will be the best plan for you, we will need more specialized information including a CT scan of the jaw to meticulously plan for implant placement along with a specialist who will be teaming up with our doctors to treat you. You may need a visit to the specialist’s office (usually an oral surgeon).
- Records of your teeth, jaws, and gums are taken to start planning for how your new teeth need to look. There may be one or two visits to prepare for your big day.
- The big day is here! You will be sedated in the office, your failing teeth will be removed, dental implants placed, and a fixed temporary set of teeth are placed the same day!
- There is a 3-4 month healing period to allow for the gums to be ready for the final set of teeth.
- The final set of teeth is made out of durable and natural looking materials and is attached to the implants. It can only be removed by the dentist and will be removed approximately once per year to be cleaned.
With this option, you will never again have to worry about removing your teeth and you will be able to chew and eat very well. You will never again need a filling or root canal. Implants have such an excellent track record of success that we expect them to be a lifetime solution. There is very little maintenance with these types of restorations. Can you imagine the feeling of knowing that once and for all, you are finally able to eat and smile again? Patients’ lives are truly changed by this procedure.
What does it cost? Creating a completely new set of teeth is a big investment due to the complexity involved in the planning and the procedures themselves.
For replacing all upper and lower teeth, the average cost can range from $53,000-60,000 depending upon the materials we choose to make the new teeth from and the number of implants needed (sometimes only four implants per jaw ie “All on Four” but sometimes up to 6 implants per jaw can be needed).
For a single jaw (upper or lower), the cost ranges from $28,000-32,000 again depending upon which materials we use.
This may seem like a lot, but consider that many people spend $30,000 (or much more) on a car every few years. Unlike that car, your teeth will not lose value over time and they will still be working long after you need a new car! We have lots of financing options to help fit this into your monthly budget.
Imagine what this treatment could do for your confidence or the confidence of someone you know who needs this. You don’t have to go to New York or Los Angeles or even Nashville to get this state-of-the-art treatment, we are doing it right here in Greeneville, TN! Call us to schedule an appointment to discuss your options today!