At Rogers Family Dental, our Greeneville, TN dentists Dr. Jon Rogers and Dr. Michael Rogers love doing porcelain veneers for our patients. Veneers are custom made “contact-lens thin” porcelain coverings which can be bonded to teeth. Here are ten great reasons our patients choose veneers:
1) Veneers are beautiful. The high-tech porcelains that veneers are made of are designed to perfectly simulate natural enamel. With the expert guidance of our doctors and the artistic touch of an expert dental lab, your veneers will be totally customized to perfectly match your natural teeth.
2) Veneers are durable. Porcelain veneers are up to six times stronger than traditional bonded composite fillings, making them extremely durable. Veneers last roughly 2-3 times as long as fillings.
3) Veneers can close spaces between teeth. No more gaps!
4) Veneers can be used to give patients a fuller smile. Some of our patients have small teeth or do not shown enough tooth when they smile. Veneers are often a great way to change this without braces.
5) Veneers can be used to brighten and lighten teeth that cannot be easily whitened. Many teeth can be whitened, but for those few that are challenging to whiten, veneers can be used to change the color of the teeth in a natural way.
6) Veneers are much more conservative than other options. Many offices do not do many or any veneers, and opt only to do crowns. Since veneers only involve the front surface of the teeth, the back of the tooth is left completely untouched.
7) Veneers do not stain like bonded composite fillings. Most front-tooth fillings need to be replaced every 7-10 years due to staining. Because they are not porous and have such a smooth surface, veneers are not nearly as susceptible to staining.
8) Veneers are easy to clean. Because they are so thin, flossing and brushing is very easy to do.
9) Veneers can sometimes be done without having to remove any tooth structure ie “no-prep veneers”. This is a big contrast with crowns, which require removing some good tooth.
10) Veneers can be completed quickly. From the time we start planning for veneers to the time they are completed, the process can take as little as a month!
If you have questions about veneers or any other dentistry or if you are ready to schedule your veneer consultation, call Rogers Family Dental in Greeneville, TN today!