Dental implants are a way to replace missing, decayed, or broken teeth that gives patients a natural looking and feeling tooth! Here at Rogers Family Dental in Greeneville, TN, dental implant treatment is a big part of our practice. There is a growing need for tooth replacement as people are experiencing more problems with their missing teeth and we have the knowledge and skills to give you a great dental implant experience! But, how do you know if you are a candidate for dental implants? Here are 5 things to consider:
- Dental implants can be placed in patients that are healthy, but did you know that implants still have excellent success even in patients with medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or osteoporosis?
- Patients need to have enough bone for the implant to be stable. Some patients have lost bone over time since their teeth have been missing. We use 3-D x-rays and a comprehensive exam to determine whether you have enough bone for dental implants. Most people do!
- Dental implant patients often wonder how long it will take to complete treatment and want to know how much time they will have to wait without a tooth. Dental implant treatment times have been greatly reduced. It used to take up to a year to complete treatment, but these days, it takes only a few months- or in some cases, only days!
- How many teeth can we replace with implants? In most cases, we can replace any tooth patients have lost. If you have removable appliances now such as dentures or partial dentures, implants can be used to help stabilize your dentures or even to give you a brand new set of teeth that stays in all of the time!
- Should patients be worried about pain from dental implant treatment? It sounds unlikely, but it is very rare to have pain associated with implants. Many implants can be placed with just regular local anesthesia (numbing), but if a patient is concerned about the procedure, sedation is available as well!
If you think you may be a candidate for dental implant treatment, call Rogers Family Dental today to schedule an appointment!